lunes, 27 de junio de 2011

Afraid of being wrong

I have just watched the video "Do Schools Kill Creativity" on the website Ted.com, and the truth is that Sir Ken Robinson's talk got me deep, because I realize that right now I am terrified of being wrong and I am not remotely prepare for doing the wrong thing, which means that I end up taking the safe path of design and not having the best results ether so Why do I do that? I think is because the system has turn me in to a person that is force to deliver rightly otherwise the consequences are failing the subject, which translate in losing a semester and losing more money in a university that does not make me happy, so this fear path has totally block me. I remember now that before I got in to FAU I used to do so many creative staffs, I was part of an acting class, I was in charge of most of the acts at school, I oil painted, read so much more than now and I was always doing things and actually designing things too (even if I didn´t know that at the time) but now everything that I seem to do is work and work and work for my classes, trying to get good marks and getting no so good ones in some classes in the process. I see now that the change has to come from me because sadly enough my teachers just say “be more creative” but do not help you or guide you to let you be creative, and as sad as it sounds, is the reality that I come to live in my last years of classes, and is kind of sad, you hope someone would tell you this things before, guess is a learning process, don´t know, well I do know that if I have kids someday I’ll encourage them to be prepare of being wrong.

2 comentarios:

  1. yeah, sometimes I block totally too!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I can see that you are putting a lots of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work. Some really helpful information in there. Nice to see your site. Thanks!

    Skype English Lesson

    ResponderEliminar