miércoles, 6 de abril de 2011

Latin influence in an Aussie band


The last time a went to a gig was a really long time ago, probably because I am not that big on concerts or gigs, I am a fan of some bands and singers but not thaaaat much to spend too much money on concerts, I guess that I am more a movie or book person, specially because tickets in Chile are the most expensive ones in Latin America, so I guess the day that some band that I really really love comes to Chile I´ll save some money to go. Meanwhile I´ll tell you about The Cat Empire, this is an Australian band that I really like but not many people know. I saw them in 2004 in a small gig. These guys are great, they mix lots of music influences like Latin and funk, combine with very dynamics presentations. I had a great time that day accompanied by a really close friend singing to every song to their first album, call The Cat Empire like the band´s name, from the first row. After that day I´ve never seen them live again.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow, I really never had listened about them.
    Im going to listen the group to know how well they are to me :D

    Thanks for the fact :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. they sound really interesting. Actually, I googled them and I think they're pretty good. Thanks for introducing them.

    ResponderEliminar